Apr 20, 2011

| SOP 2011...

I was unfortunately very late to work on this piece for SOP but I wanted to paint the Tibetan wild yaks (Os mutus) in the Harmony category (9). My main idea was to represent a potential catastrophic/futuristic Tibet ravaged by floods and earthquakes in the background (due to global warming after effects), have 2 proud yaks and a friendly kid in the foreground. Sounds good but with almost no time left I made it simple, they are supposed to symbolize the reconstruction of the area by a new generation working harmoniously along with the local animals. Share One Planet is a Wild Animals CG Art Elites Invitational Competition, mine is certainly not an Elite submission but at least I've done it! All made using PS CS4 a few hours before the deadline!

4 comments:

Mihir Malavia said...

Awesome process work! Really dig the grainy effect on the colours in the final. Nice composition as well.

Claudio Cerri said...

Thank yoou for sharing this, Baron!

merl1n said...

That's cool, thanks for the progres screenshots.

Katy Hargrove said...

I'm liking these yaks!